In my family, we don’t kid around about dessert – there are usually just as many options as during the main meal! This weekend, I had the pleasure to make macaroons for part of the dessert at our family Seder. I am happy to report that everyone loved them – even the non-coconut fans.
- I use an egg white from a fresh egg
- The salt really makes a difference
- Accidentally used 1/3 cup almonds instead of 1/4 in last batch, and they still turned out great
- An ice cream scoop is the perfect size to plop down on baking sheet (I used a Silpat to line them)
- Cooking time is really from 11-15 minutes (have to watch closely for edges to be golden brown)
- A smaller spoon makes for a better drizzle
- Tempering the chocolate in the microwave (15-20 second intervals) is the easiest way to melt the chocolate