Cauliflower is my favorite vegetable. My mom used to make this amazing baked recipe with it – and is probably why I have such a positive association with it. I’ll be honest though, with such a high standard (my mom’s recipe), it’s often hard for me to make something remotely similar at home. Even at restaurants, the closest I’ve found is the roasted cauliflower at Tender Greens – an occasional seasonal treat. Well, last night I made a really great recipe and then adapted it. I am so excited to share! Are you ready for the best part? It takes less than 25 minutes to cook – start to finish. Major score, right?
Some notes –
- The recipe calls for 1/2 head cauliflower, but because mine was small, I used the whole thing.
- To bake, instead of a baking sheet, I used a baking dish like this one. Not only could I rinse and put in the dishwasher to clean, but with such a small amount of cauliflower, it made the sporadic “turning” throughout the cooking process, much easier. I think an 8×8 baking dish would work great too.
- For the salt, I used a pinch of kosher salt – probably amounting to about 1/4 tsp.
- For the red pepper flakes, I used about 3 pinches – probably about 1 tsp. Adjust with your heat tolerance factor in mind. I think about 1/2 tsp. would be more mild.
- While cooking, I turned the cauliflower at 10 minutes in and with 5 minutes left, and lastly with 3 minutes left.