I’ve been working my way through a few new cookbooks and after hopping on The Taco Cleanse bandwagon, I found the most ingenius idea – a chopped salad in a taco! Seriously, why didn’t I think of that?! Chloe’s Kitchen has a great chopped salad recipe, with an aweome salad dressing we tried last week. Put the salad in a taco, and voila! Virtually a no cook dinner. From start to finish, the meal took about 30 minutes to put together. Everything in the salad, you can also use on your child’s plate – avocado, red peppers, mango, tomatoes. This is super easy, super fast, and delicious!
Easy Chopped Salad Tacos
Adapted from Chloe’s Kitchen + The Taco Cleanse
serves – 2 hungry adults, with leftovers
1/4 cup lime juice, about 3 limes
2 tbsp. Agave
2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 15oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Mango, diced
1 Red Pepper, diced
1/2 Avocado, diced
1/4 cup Red Onion, finely diced
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Romaine lettuce, chopped
1. Whisk together the lime juice, agave, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil until combined and smooth. Set aside. You may need to mix again before using. (I like to use a measuring cup so it’s easy to pour out.)
1. In a large saute pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and add black beans, garlic and chili powder. Heat for about 5 minutes and let cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, mango, red pepper, red onion, tomatoes, and cooked black beans.
3. Add about 1/2 the salad dressing into the bowl and gently mix.
1. Heat tortillas
2. Put a handful of the salad in each tortilla.
3. Top with avocado.