This is probably the easiest recipe I’ve made in awhile. Prep requires some chopping and assembling and that’s it! The recipe says this serves 2, but we felt it’s better with about 6 servings because the dressing makes it pretty indulgent. I think it might also taste great with a vinegar-based dressing but not quite sure which one yet. Let me know if you have any ideas! Enjoy!
Adapted from Easy Vegan Breakfasts & Lunches
Serves about 6
2 cups broccoli florets, raw*
1 stalk celery, chopped
2/3 apple, cored and chopped
1/4 scant cup red onion, chopped fine
1/3 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup veganaise (we use soy-free or Hampton Creek, could also use any mayo or plain yogurt (vegan or dairy))
1 tbsp lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
1-1/2 tsp agave
- Put all salad ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and gently stir together. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir until coated.
- Serve as a side salad, in a pita, or in a wrap (we like Bfree brand quinoa and chia wraps-they sell them at Ralphs)
- Salad can keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.
*I used florets that come in bags you can steam in the microwave. Frozen won’t work here. You could certainly also use fresh broccoli sold in bunches. Surprisingly, the broccoli becomes softer when mixed in with everything. I also tried to pick broccoli pieces that had short stalks, so it would be easier to eat.