Quick egg free, wheat free, nut free, dairy free breakfast can be challenging to make. I’ve grown accustomed to savory breakfasts, and my latest favorite is a “quesadilla” with Siete Cassava Tortillas, with melted Daiya cheese + Trader Joe’s Spicy Black Bean Dip, topped with Trader Joe’s Pico De Gallo.
Looking for a change, I tried this Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Pudding and quickly made a second batch to last us for the week – it works for breakfast or dessert – added bonus, it’s also sugar free!
It’s versatile, and you can make whatever swaps work best for your preferences – I like Flax Milk and Sunflower Seed Butter – but you can easily swap another non-dairy milk + nut/seed butter you like. Other fruits would probably also work well. Enjoy!
No Nuts Strawberry Banana Chia Pudding Cups
adapted from a recipe by Phoebe Lapine
makes 4 servings
2 cups unsweetened flax milk
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries, plus extra for garnishing
- Bring out 4 – 8oz containers (ramekins, mason jar, etc) and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flax milk and chia seeds. Stir in the sunflower seed butter, and whisk until smooth. Set aside for at least 10 minutes
- While the chia mixture is resting, slice strawberries and bananas. Split and layer evenly among the four dishes, leaving extra fruit for garnishing the top.
- Pour in the chia mixture evenly among the four dishes, and garnish with fruit on top.
- Cover dishes and place in fridge for at least 3 hours. Enjoy. Can last up to 4 days refrigerated.